(4) as cavemen
(5) and then we developed agriculture.
(6) Then we developed civilization,
(7) but we still used our resources wisely.
(8) Then came the Greeks, who developed culture and all that comes with it,
(9) and the Romans, who developed the military and managed to form an empire, until it collapsed
(10) and all of that ended.
(11) Then, there was a period where things went slowly,
(12) when developments were far and few between,
(13) until the Renaissance, at which point things began to pick up again.
(14) Then came the industrial revolution, at which point things began to get faster and faster and we were developing more and more
(15) and we came out with technological development after development, exploiting our resources and killing off species and destroying ecosystems, but we didn't care about that, because we could become sustainable later, and so we came up with radio, television, the Internet, iPods, and then we changed the climate
(16) and it all stopped.