I Never Said I Had It All
You have people in this world who:
- smile big and pretty all the time like their face is a postcard to be sent across the world
- knew that they stopped loving their wife the minute they saw the barista at the coffee shop
- drink down alcohol as if it is the only source of air that they know
- have babies like they wipe at their tears
- run races and organizations like the time-clock on their body is about to stop ticking in-
- say "Baby, I love you," like running back to them means "I'm sorry!"
- think before they speak because they know that speaking is a lot like messing up again
- speak before they think because they know that mess-ups are necessary
- laugh until they cry like a bird diving straight down before that final swoop
- stick to their family like hyrogen does to water
- steal the crowd before the crowd even becomes aware
- had your heart at "Hi, my name is..."
- pierce their skin like it's bursting with candy that they can't get to
- don't know what lazy is because their bones have only ever been worked
- smile big and wide as if to hide the fact that their face has seen darker things at every lowtide
- don't know what love is.
You have people in this world... who don't know what love is.
Love of themself. Love of another. Love of something. Love for someone.
I never said I had it all, but I at least have that.
Login or register to post a comment.